How Do You Recognise It ?
Your child may
• Suffer from headaches and stomach aches before going to school
or taking part in a new activity.
• Tell teachers that he/she is ill in order to be taken back home
• Avoid taking part in school activities such as sports day.
• Appear to be worried about failing.
• Avoid taking part in social activities.
How Can CBT Help ?
• Parents can receive instruction in how to deal effectively
with their own worries and the worries of their children.
• Children can receive support directly to help them develop a
more rational way of looking at the world so that their fears do not
hold them back.