How Do You Recognise it ?
Your child may
• Refuse to follow rules.
• Be verbally abusive to you and other people in authority.
• Deliberately try to annoy you.
• React negatively to advice.
• Argue with you over small things.
How Can CBT Help ?
- It is usually best for parents ALONE to attend therapy sessions
- Parents will be shown how to recognise and change habits of their
own which are making it difficult for them to keep control.
- Parents will be taught strategies for gaining control without becoming
angry and stressed.