COMPULSIVE DISORDER IN CHILDREN
How Do I Recognise It ?
Your child may
- appear to be worried but may be unwilling to talk about what is worrying
- become focussed on a particular worry and demand continual reassurance
- horde things that are of no value.
- pull out his/her hair or eyelashes when stressed.
- demand that things are done in a particular way
- be excessively tidy / clean
- be overly concerned about safety.
- practise odd habits or rituals.
How Can CBT Help ?
- Your child can be taught how to deal with intrusive thoughts and compulsive
- Parents can be given guidance on how best to support a child with